Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Onward! Through the DirecTV Fog!

Today starts off on a good note: I wake up at 6 am and take Rasta (my newly-shaved-way-too-short Collie...but that's a story for a different day) for a 3-mile walk around Boomer Lake. We get back home almost an hour later (because Rasta had to 'mark' every tree, bush, tuft of grass, etc.). That's about where the "good note" ended. After showering, I begin my so-called-vacation-day by attempting to contact various tv and appliance sales and service locations in order to get estimates on my fried TV and surround sound receiver. I'm probaby going to date myself here, but there was a time you could very easily find a place to repair your television and it was relatively close to home. However, in the day and age of LCD and LED HD technology, that is no longer the case. After contacting what seemed like about one-hundred places, I was coming to my wit's end. I even tried the Best Buy Geek Squad, but apparently they can only fix things - they can't give estimates on repairs or replacement.

Upon the advice of my hubby, who is getting frustrated with my frustration, I give up and leave that particular mess for another day.

So, onward, through the DirecTV fog I go...Remember that phone call from a supervisor Ken so earnestly promised me would come within 30 minutes that still had not arrived at the time of my last post? Well, it never came. I attempted, once again, to contact DirecTV Customer Care to find out what happened to the call - or my service call for that matter.

At 10:35 am, I reach Jasmine, who asks me what she can do for me. I tell her the ENTIRE sorted story, and then let her know that I'm STILL waiting on my call. Jasmine tells me how sorry she is, as DirecTV "really appreciates their new customers." I'm thinking, but don't say outloud, "If this is appreciation, I'd really hate to see their idea of the opposite end of the spectrum." Jasmine informs me that I really should be speaking with technical support, instead of customer service, since tech support is who schedules installations. Apparently my story fell on Jasmine's deaf ears, as I was not trying to schedule anything. I'm trying to find out what happened to my phone call. Anyway, she sends me away to Sharita in tech support.

Sharita asks me how she can help me, and quite frankly at this point - eight representatives later - I'm bored with my own story and don't want to tell it anymore. I tell Sharita to look up my account and read the notes. I tell her I will give her a few minutes, as I'm quite sure there are a lot of notes. Sharita tells me she doesn't understand the problem, since she shows that a technician is scheduled to come by my house tomorrow between the hours of noon and 4 pm to bring me two new HD DVR boxes and install them. Maybe it would have been nice if DirecTV had informed me, the customer, of their plan to show up at my house. Maybe it would be nice if Sharita were a little more friendly or at least understanding. Maybe it would be nice if she REALLY read the notes and realized what this company has done to me so far. And maybe it would be nice if she understood that my plans get to change from enjoying a day at the water park to wasting ANOTHER so-called-vacation-day waiting for a DTV tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment