Thursday, June 23, 2011

Finally! Someone Who Knows What They're Doing!!

Today was a much better day in DirecTV land. I received a call bright and early from Trevor, the new technician, who was coming to fix or undo whatever Jeff had broken or done. He was calling to let me know he had a couple of orders to fulfill, but he should be to my home by 3 pm. Based on my experience with DTV so far, I had an "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude and went on with house cleaning and organizing chores.

Around 12:30 pm, I received a call from Trevor. I was expecting him to tell me how the jobs before me took longer than he expected...blah, blah, blah. To my extreme surprise, he told me he had finished early and would be at my home in about an hour! Adding to my amazement was the fact that he actually ARRIVED when he said he would.

Trevor went from one TV to another, checking the DVRs and boxes, ensuring they worked and we were able to actually get a signal. One of the DVRs came on (which was surprising, since it wouldn't work previously), but he had to replace the other. All together he was at my home for only about an hour - very impressive! Even more impressive: he left his name and phone number in case we had any other problems. Now THIS is the type of service I expected to get back on the 10th. And quite frankly, it only strengthens my resolve that Jeff is useless. Trevor accomplished in ONE HOUR what Jeff could not do in SEVEN DAYS.

On top of the fact that I finally have the DTV service I was expecting on the 10th, I finally got my computer desk organized, my son's speakers connected to his computer, and my room together. Ahhh...the world is as it should be. Time to bring on the water park tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment